- A.J. on the the Steve Bradshaw Radio Show in Memphis, TN 2/15/14 MP3_Dowload_Steve_Bradshaw.mp3
- A.J. on Your Carolina in Greenville, SC 1/28/13
- A.J. on Live at 9! WREG in Memphis 10/5/12
- Article about the future of reading, featuring Resonance the AudioMovie.
- An interview with A.J. on the Pat Dougher radio program regarding RESONANCE.
- Listen to the interview of A.J. on the PoppOff program on August 11, 2008.MP3 Download (24MB)
- Listen to AJ's interview on Back Story radio on July 3, 2010.
- Jay and Silent Bob talk about the AudioMovies on their "Jay and Silent Bob Get Jobs" podcasts. Look for the episodes that aired on 5/13/11 and 5/23/11. Visit iTunes for all their episodes.
- Guest post on The Thrill Begins: The Art of Suspense
- Interview with Karate Cafe, available on iTunes (episode #83, posted 10/3/11)
- A Book and A Chat with A.J. Scudiere 3/22/10 (click here)
- A Book and A Chat with A.J. Scudiere 8/10/10 (click here)
- Night Visions with Author A.J. Scudiere 3/26/11 (click here)
- Big Blend Radio Interview (click here)
- Gelati's Scoop with A.J. Scudiere 9/28/11 (click here)
- Suspense Magazine Radio Interview 11/19/11 (click here)
Melissa L. | RESONANCE
Which brings me to the subject of this timely book, which warns of a phenomenon called “the shift”. As far as I understand from the book, as well as a few doomsday websites, the shift occurs when the magnetic poles of the earth play switcheroo, and this happens every 65 million years or so, give or take a few million years. Apparently, the dinosaurs didn’t like the last shift at all, so chances are we won’t be too happy with the next one.
This work of fiction blends scientific fact with a lot of hypothesis in a… riveting plot which provides a lot of food for thought. A geologist discovers that there are places on earth where the shift is already occurring. At the same time, two doctors find themselves in the middle of a deadly epidemic, and another discovers mutated frogs and other animals behaving badly. The story involves their interaction when their areas of research converge, and the surprising way that the shift affects each one, and also the rest of the population.
Although the size of the book was a bit frightening at first, it is an easy read and quite a page turner… Sci-fi fans should try to read this one before 2012.
Amanda R. | RESONANCE
Scudiere can’t possibly explore all of the possible ramifications of a magnetic shift, but he does approach the subject from several different angles. As the early warning signs begin to appear, only geologist David Carter, having discovered what he believes to be a hotspot of reverse polarity, suspects that a shift is coming soon. On the biological side of things, Dr. Becky Sorensen discovers a group of frogs sporting four hind legs and orienting themselves in a way that reveals some kind of magnetic anomaly, as well as a species of birds manifesting a radical change in their migratory habits. Jordan Abellard and Jillian Brookwood, a couple of young medical school graduates just hired by the Centers of Disease Control, are at a loss to explain the nature and cause of an unknown illness claiming human lives in several localized areas. Not until these multiple investigations cross paths is the full nature of the problem made clear to all. The big question then becomes what to do, as many people exposed to the hotspots are slipping into comas and dying. Time is a luxury that the scientists and doctors do not enjoy, as the hotspots are spreading more and more rapidly, suggesting that the Shift could happen at any time…
RESONANCE is…a tremendously enjoyable read that should appeal to science fiction fans of every stripe. I daresay it should also win over many a reader from outside the science fiction genre, as well. Part mystery, part action thriller, and part apocalyptic novel, all built upon a firm foundation of science fiction, RESONANCE makes for one of the most interesting speculative novels I’ve read in some time.
Daniel J. | RESONANCE
K. Maxwell | RESONANCE
Midwest Book Review | RESONANCE
H. Debord | RESONANCE
This is an exhilarating serial killer thriller that hooks the audience because the key three players seem vulnerably human with remorse, regret, and resoluteness. The vivid story line is action-packed especially with the scenes of the kills. However, A.J. Scudiere's tense thriller belongs to the Grudge Killer(s) and the cop reluctantly trying to bring them to the legal justice system even as he believes their vigilante justice is just.
Harriet Klausner | VENGEANCE
Scudiere skillfully offers readers vivid and highly descriptive images of the revenge murders. The author also does a wonderful job of humanizing these serial killers who are actually traumatized victims themselves and putting the vulnerabilities of a seasoned law enforcement agent on display. The images in this book are so dynamic, reading each scene is like watching an action flick in slow motion.
Vengeance is an attention-grabbing story that lovers of action-driven novels will fall hard for. I highly recommend it.
Melissa Brown Levine | VENGEANCE
AJ will be appearing at the following events:
Tucson Festival of Books - Tuscon, AZ March 15-16, 2014
Killer Nashville - Nashville, TN August 21-24, 2014
DragonCon - Altanta, GA Aug 29 - Sept 1, 2014
Wizard World - Nashville, TN Sep 26-28, 2014
Southern Festival of Books - Nashville, TN October 10-12, 2014